Carrot-Nut Pup Cakes
As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I tried to make Wren some - sensitive tummy friendly - grain-free "pup" cakes as a tester for her birthday and, despite me being completely baking illiterate, they actually went down a storm!
So, as promised, here is the recipe - of my own design thank you very much :) ...
3 flat tablespoons peanut butter + some for decorating at the end
1 small carrot - grated
1 large carrot cut into 0.5cm thick slices for decorating
Doggy chocolate buttons
1. Preheat oven to 180º.
2. Separate the egg and whisk up the egg white until light and fluffy with soft peaks (put the yolk to one side for later).
3. In a separate bowl mix all the other ingredients together (grated carrot, peanut butter and yolk).
4. Gently fold the egg whites into the rest of the mixture - it's not the easiest thing but try your best not to knock all the air from the egg whites.
5. Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases - this mix made 4 small pup cakes.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and a knife or fork comes out clean.
7. And try to wait the FULL 20 minutes lol - Wren was rather excited by the smell!
8. Let the cakes cool and remove from the paper cases carefully.
9. Smear the tops of the cupcakes with a thin layer of peanut butter and decorate with treats of your choice… we have gone with doggy chocolate buttons and bone shaped carrot pieces!
10. Time to put to them to the test!
I would say they were a huge success and were extremely quick and simple to make!
Please share your photos and comments of what your pooches made of the Wren & Rye pup cakes.
Either drop us an email, share with us on social media using #wrenandrye or comment below :)
Ash W&R xx
I will be trying out a recipe for 3 ingredient dog biscuits soon... so watch this space!